Life as a rain dance!

Life as a rain dance!

Friday, December 18, 2009

My Hit List - Part 2

Okay! Back by popular demand, ahem...ahem, here comes My Hit List –Part 2.

Strangely enough I never did have a crush on any of my Chemistry teachers; wait, maybe because they were all males almost all the time. Moreover my eyes were all on this cute girl in class 9th when I was feeling I had a fair advantage already as I was a lot senior to her – in class 10th. Hmmm…I know. It was quite pathetic considering I have never really spoken to any of the girls anytime anywhere except for occasional, “Pencil sharpener please” “Your butterfly hairclip is really nice hehe” etc..hope you get the drift here.

Thus were my MACKing skills at that time and still I had no hesitation or reservations in harboring a deep crush for this girl. Lets call her Mona. Mona in Tamil would mean a calm and sublime state of mind but maybe she was unaware of that, she was like an exuberant puppy almost all the time. Imagine a well shaken coke bottle opened abruptly and you see the fizz , that’s Mona talking. Take a porcelain box full of colored round marbles and roll them over a glass floor, that’s Mona laughing. You see a spurting fountain gushing all over and that’s..relax Shanmu..take a deep breath..

Such was the persona of Mona and I was getting bulldozed everyday thinking how to approach and do the talking. Then it happened! Seemed Gods decided to give me a chance in the team meeting they had that week when I was told I was selected to represent my school in the annual Rotary Club competitions along with Mona. I participated in the GK Quiz and she was in Western Dance category. We had a full month together where I precipitated, fumed, foamed and finally managed to get along normally when she was around talking and giggling in front of me. The days were full of fun and laughter and the nights were all days recollected.

I thought I was really scoring with her when she started sharing, asking me my opinions and started hitting me playfully wherever I could be hit playfully. She was dancing for a Venga Boys score and God Knows Why, she wanted me to teach her few steps which I did, end of which she immediately introduced me to her friend who was practicing a classical dance number. Things were real fun and the fateful day approached like a slithering snake.

It was the Day of Competitions and my team managed to come 2nd in the quiz (shook hands with Mona and was caressing my right palm like a new-born baby) and I was with the audience waiting secretly for the prima donna. Few hours later, she appeared on stage like a butterfly covered in cocoon , white top and white flowing skirt. How in the world did she manage to do all the steps she did in that ensemble is still a mystery to me. I was transfixed, staring at the stage, like a voodoo magician’s play puppet till the thunderous applause around shook me out of my trance. I was all flattered when I saw her coming towards my direction, the moment she jumped off stage. Locking eyes with me she stood before me waiting. I was again speechless and would have begun to mumble when she asked “epdi irundhuchu anna? ( how was it bro?) yeah..bro..bro for brother..b for brother…but why would b for brother..b for ball..but OH HELL!! SHE CALLED ME BRO!! that was my mind processing after those fateful words slipped out of her innocent lips.

Now, I was literally speechless and shook, nod, wave and did everything with my head to convey her performance was superb and I am very much moved by it that I could not even utter a word. She pecked me in the cheek and went away for packing her stuff. I was all dusty and musty when I reached my friend’s house that night thinking where and when the hell did I tell her I need a sister out of her. For God’s sake, I already have a sister enough for seven lifetimes. I took my friend to the terrace and started telling him my painful story who listened with hmmm…thsst..thsst..uchh..uchh..adada..syllables that seemed very sincere and left me alone for a while. Little did I realize that when I came downstairs, he had broadcasted my comic story to all his family folks that it seemed even their dog was grinning when it looked at me.

Hmmm…life goes on dude! Lose some gain some! That exactly was what happened with my third and final crush. Signing off for now!

3 comments:

  1. She dances,
    She prances,
    On his broken heart..oh!

    She tickles,
    She giggles,
    His bones crack funny..oh!

    She rakes,
    She bakes,
    His grey cells alive..oh!

    She churns,
    She burns,
    His memoirs smoke..oh!

    Raja, brace up yourself and get ready for the next (ad)venture! Have a long way to go! After all, what are crushes for if they don't live short?

    "Aasoon jalthey nahi tho
    Roney ke majaa kya hai?"

    --UMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. U really have that talent for writing..especially writing funny.

    And also to be exclusively,soul melting.. the blog below..a poem..that was heavy.

    keep writing..eagerly awaiting ur next blog.

    --UMA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the time u hv put in for commenting and reassurance..was wondering if my funny writing was really funny at all..lol..

    Whats with the above lines?! Reminds me of "The Bird and the Crumb" authoress...Hightime i see your own entries..Do me the favor soon!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete